Paisley Chamber of Commerce Meeting – 21 October 2015
Meeting called to order at 7:25 by president Mary Gail Johnston
In attendance: Anne Bucher, Craig Budreau, Mary Ellen Budreau, Jo-Anne Buhr, Paul Crysler, Gail Fullerton, Mary Gail Johnston, Michael Kimberley, Ireyna Kimberley, Emma Tsang
Reading of 17 Sept 2015 Minutes
Minutes read by Emma Tsang and approved.
- Sunsets.com – Paul Crysler described intended improvements to the sight
- more accessible, partner organizations to in increase post/content contribution; mobile friendly and including social media; videos and contests
- beta version to be ready for February 2015, launch in April – we will get a report/preview of the beta
- Paul will forward requests for specific content for Paisley to update the currently outdated information
- Paisley Village Website – Ireyna Kimberley proposes two separate sites, one for the Chamber with support/information for local businesses, and one for the village to provide information and services to residents and tourists
- Ireyna will create and design these two websites at no charge
- Motion by Craig Budreau for authority over all social media and online content be limited to Ireyna Kimberley and Emma Tsang only, seconded by Paul Crysler, approved
- “Paisley Digs In in the Winter” raffle – Mary Ellen Budreau presented a winter raffle to encourage in-town shopping through the winter season
- for every purchase in town, the receipt (with name and contact) goes into the draw
- receipts will be piled high in a storefront window, with the prizes in an adjacent window (the Budreau’s have offered 2 windows at Paisley Pharmacy and Pastime Gold Mine)
- prizes are in “Paisley Bucks” (purchased by the Chamber), 1st prize $300, 2nd prize $200, 3rd prize $100, bonus draw for a quilt already donated by the Westminster Presbyterian Church, bonus draws for other items that could be donated by businesses
- motion by Emma Tsang to green-light, including investing $600 for prizes, seconded by Michael Kimberley, approved
- 1st Annual Gingerbread House Competition – Anne Bucher and Jo-Anne Buhr presented a new competition to take place for the Santa Claus Parade
- prizes are in “Paisley Bucks” (purchased by the Chamber), 1st prize $100, 2nd prize $75, 3rd prize $50 – with each prize, a $20 Food Bank donation (prepared bags from Paisley freshmart)
- motion by Emma Tsang to green-light, including investing $285 for prizes, seconded by Michael Kimberley, approved
Meeting adjourned at 9:30.
Minutes prepared by Emma Tsang
Minutes approved by Craig Budreau
Next meeting is November 18th at 7:30pm at the Legion.