Paisley & District Chamber of Commerce
7:00 PM March 16, 2011
Town Hall Council Chambers
Sandra Blodgett chaired the meeting
Attendants: Sandra Blodgett, Jen Harris, Alicia Gibbons, Dave Barrett, Verena Rohner, Melissa Kanmacher, Alicia Mariano, Mary Gail Johnston, Pat Kuntz, Dan McDonald
Secretary’s Report- Reading of the Minutes- read by Alicia Gibbons
There were no changes to the agenda
Educational- Dave Barrett and Pat Kuntz (OMAFRA) joined us at our meeting to educate and train us on the surveys that will be completed. Training is our first stepping stone in completing our BR&;E project. Pat referred to us as “champions” for bringing the Chamber back to life. Pat suggested that it would likely take less than a year to complete our BR&E project and he suggested that we try to have our surveys done by the end of May as most of our businesses start their busiest times after the Victoria Day weekend.
The most important components with this project are as follows:
– all surveyors must attend training
– keeping everyone working hard to reach our end goal
– understanding and committing to the importance of the confidentiality agreement
– understanding and explaining the “skip it” rule
– having one person conduct the interview, while another person writes the answers
– stick only to the questions on the survey
– use blue or black ink only
– notify the town on what the BR&E is and how it will affect them
– notify the local businesses and send thank you’s once interviews have been completed
– having the municipal council on board.
Dave Barrett suggested that we ask Amanda Farrell from Saugeen Economical Development Corporation to be our project co-ordinator.
Pat Kuntz said he is willing to return on another night to train other members that were unable to attend tonight’s training session. He also suggested that one person from this project attend a training session in Stratford on June 1st. He emphasises the importance of this meeting, even if all or most interviews have already been completed. In his closing he also highlighted the importance of opening the line of communication between the businesses and the community.
– Sandra suggested inviting Dan Kerr to our next meeting.
– Jen Harris showed us the business cards that she made for the Chamber.
Next Training Meeting will be March 28, 2011 7 PM Council Chambers